Friday, April 3, 2009

Superheroes

I think little boys are hard wired to love and want to be Superheroes.

I had a conversation with a coworker about 6 mos ago about how her son who is now 6, started becoming obsessed with Spiderman at age 3. Lucas had not been too interested at that point, but was aware of Batman, Spiderman, loved the Incredibles m ovie etc.

Slowly over the last 6 mos though, it has been becoming more and more prevalent. He got Batman's batcave for Christmas, has started playing with the few Spiderman toys he has more and more.

Now he has Spiderman and Batman tennis shoes, and has been pretending he IS Spiderman and Batman lately.

he tells me what Batman and Robin do all the time, they are always doing something according to him.

All of a sudden he wants to watch The Incredibles all over again and again and he announced to me yesterday that " I AM a Superhero"

he is so cute, and has the best imagination, I love that little Superboy.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

isn't it WEIRD how they come with this knowledge of all things boy?!

JaneSays said...

You go SuperLucas!

Joan said...

Super in just about every way, that boy is!

Unca Rand said...

wait, wait...He has Spiderman AND Batman sneakers? Awesome